Thursday, May 3, 2012

James and Danika's Modern Pocketfolds

Danika is doing what a lot of girls are doing: planning a wedding while they're in grad school. Having never done this myself, I can't even imagine what it would be like. When would you plan? At 2 AM after you finally finished going to class, studying, and (maybe) eating something? And then when you finally find the time, aren't you completely out of energy to make any of the decisions that you need to make when you wedding plan?

Just thinking about it makes me tired. 

Luckily, after Danika initially picked out the product for her invitations, her mom, Terri, stepped in to help her out during this hectic time. I've been communicating with Terri ever since and it's been great. 

(We must pause here and give props to moms everywhere that swoop in and help us daughters when we really need it.)

After working with Danika on her save the dates back in December, I knew that design and a love for paper products was in her blood. When I met her mom, I saw that I was correct - this family has a great eye for design. 

Let's look back at Danika's save the dates, just for fun. 


We wanted to keep the same modern layout that we did for her save the dates. We added in some color and vintage floral artwork and we had ourselves an invitation suite. 


I have to stop here and declare my love for these invitations. I love how beautifully the vintage artwork and modern font fit together.


We colored the font (Estilo) and the artwork blue and marigold, which are Danika's wedding colors.


Accommodations, Reception, and RSVP cards.


I love the simplicity of the inserts.


We added one more piece of vintage floral artwork to the directions card. So pretty.


It's a shame that you can't see more of the floral patterned card stock that's behind this RSVP. It is honestly my favorite patterned paper that Envelopments carries. But Danika's guests will get to see it because we're using it for their place cards at their wedding. So consider this a little sneak peak.


The entire suite, completed with bright blue (Envelopments calls it 'Peacock') textured envelopes.

There's still more to come...menus, programs, and place cards to be exact. Excited to work more with this bride (and her mom)!

1 comment: