Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rachelle and Dan's Christmas/We're Having a Baby! Cards

I had the pleasure of being in on a BIG family secret this year. 

My cousin, Rachelle, emailed me a few months ago with some exciting news:  she was pregnant. But I couldn't tell anyone. None of her family knew, and since it was so close to Christmas, she wanted to wait and surprise them in person. 

But she was thinking ahead. After telling her family, she wanted to be able to spread the news to her family and friends with a pregnancy announcement - and that's where I came in. We started designing a card around a picture she had taken, and here's what we came up with.


If you didn't catch it, we put Baby Rosenblit in blue because she's having a boy. :)


After Rachelle told her immediate family, my family and hers (our dads are brothers) got together and Rachelle handed an announcements to all of us. It was so fun to watch my family read the announcement, even if it took my brother (whose wife wasn't there to help him out) a while to understand what it meant, and my mother forever to get her glasses so she could actually read it.


Rachelle is a kindergarden teacher (you can see her highly successful blog here, which has a TON of great resources for teachers) and she is very font savvy, so she picked out some that she liked. They are: KG Second Chances and Chalk Hand Lettering Shaded.


I thought the picture was such a great idea - a Pinterest idea, of course. :)



Rachelle and Dan had waited quite a while to be able to share this kind of news with everyone, so that made it all the more exciting.  I was so happy to be asked to help spread the news and I look forward to a reason to celebrate this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment