Thursday, September 13, 2012

Samantha and Antonio's Wedding Suite

Right now I'm on the way down to Virginia for this wedding. We're actually stopping off tonight to see my brother and his lady friend/wife, then having lunch with my grandparents tomorrow, then beginning the wedding festivities tomorrow night (we like to cram as much fun as possible into a three day period if you can't tell).

It's insane to me that it's already September; that we're already starting to attend fall weddings. Vivian Elle's weddings for the year are coming to an end and I can't be happier with how the year is winding down. It's been an amazing whirlwind of a first year for this little business and I feel so fortunate to all of the brides who have chosen to use me for such an important part of their wedding day.

Samantha emailed me earlier this year to see if I could help her with her wedding invitations. I met with her and her mom at a Starbucks and we talked all about her beautiful wedding. After picking out papers and doing some designing, this is what we came up with.


Samantha wanted a formal, but modern feel to her wedding invitation. Pocketfold invitation = formal. Square invitation = modern. It really can be as simple as that.


Let me gush about how much I love the font we used for Samantha and Antonio's names. It's Lavanderia and you can download it for free here


You can see the patterned paper ever so slightly at the edge of the invitation. You may notice the vintage accent from this invitation suite. I love how the same piece of artwork can be completely different on another invitation.


Le inserts (I used to use 'le' and 'la' in college all the time instead of 'the'...this is slightly embarrassing now and yet I kind of want to start it up again).


Directions card.


Reception card.


(yes, this is a big Italian wedding)

The RSVP card.


We also put a band around the outside of the pocketfold. You might think I kept a band so I could show off this invitation in its completed glory. Not so, my friends. Not so.

I did at least keep the little frame that we attached to the band to pull everything together...so there's that. :)

Samantha was referred to me by a teacher at the school I work at. We were chatting about my invitation business and she casually mentioned that she'd have to give a friend of hers my information. That friend was Samantha and I am so incredibly thankful that she was sent my way.

So if you've used me or referred someone to me - thank you! You all are the best. :)

Want to hear more about the value of custom invitations? Check out this post

2 comments:

  1. Superb invitation card! It is looking very decent. My sister got married at one of finest San Francisco wedding venues. You know she designed her wedding card on her own. It was looking super cool and even guests praised that too.

    ReplyDelete