Thursday, February 17, 2011

Babies (Part I)

I met Melissa when I worked at my old job. Let me be honest about one thing. When I first met her, she intimidated me. My reasons were twofold:

1. She had been working there for a really long time and knew everyone (Yes, think back to high school here - "I'm intimidated because she's more popular than me." Except I was in my mid-twenties.).
2. She had a rock on her finger that was practically the size of my fist. I remember going over to her desk when she first got engaged and practically gasping at the sight of that thing. Intimidating!

So when Melissa's desk was moved next to mine, it was a pleasant surprise that I actually had no reason to be intimidated by her at all. She was funny (with an infectious laugh), loyal, a team player, and enjoyed a good Bon Qui Qui video on a Friday afternoon as much as the rest of us did. 

All this to say that when Melissa asked me to help with her baby shower invitations, I gladly accepted. In fact, I was so excited that I had to text a mutual friend, Debbie, with the following:

"Mel is going to get invitations from me. Yay for my first official client!"

Only I accidently sent the text straight to Melissa. Humiliating. 

Luckily, Melissa dealt with it ever so gracefully, telling me how happy she was that I was doing them. God bless her.

So here is the final product. Melissa picked a beautiful polka dot panel that I absolutely love. I matched a couple of colors with it and we had ourselves a baby shower invitation. 


Once the invitation was done, we had to pull it all together by printing the envelopes too. I used the same fonts that were on the actual invitation - Scriptina and Optimus Princeps (two of my favorites).


Melissa wanted an invitation that was clearly for a little baby boy, but had her style and personality. I think we accomplished just that. She has great style and I absolutely loved doing these invitations for her. 

Thanks for being an awesome first client, Mel!

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I'm going to enjoy this blog! You crack me up, Jenny!...and the invitations look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It looks awesome. I happen to be picky about fonts too... but I really love your choices for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete